Caravan is a solo management/survival game, developed by a team of 9 students at ENJMIN.
In Caravan, you have to lead a group of several people through a long and harsh journey for their survival. The dangers will come from the outside -hunger, thirst, storms, looters- but also from the inside, with the inevitable tension growing between survivors as the journey becomes tougher and tougher.
Inspired by the codes of classic roguelikes, the game features procedurally generated content: each time you play you’ll get new survivors, new environnements, new encounters, and new choices.
Moreover, if you fail (and you will fail), you’ll lose your crew forever and you’ll have to start a new game from scratch.
My work on Caravan :
– Conception of an immersive and adaptative ambiance for a procedural universe
– Dynamic camera audio (altitude, zoom/dezoom)
– Scripting of dynamic playlists with indexation of the musical themes according the game parameters.
– Creation of mixed 2D/3D weather ambiances with dynamic elements (3D wind gusts, etc…)
– Focus on the clarity/lightness of audio feedbacks and UI sounds
Sound Engine : Wwise
Soundcloud playlist with musical drafts for the game :